Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Pasta has balls.







081 (2)

Spaghetti and Meatballs in Marina


Ingredients:

Cappellini
Ragu
(basil and sun dried tomato)
ground beef
ground pork
fennel seed
fresh parsely
oregano
salt
pepper
oatmeal
1 egg
parmesano reggiano
(finely grated)



Before I go any further, YES I USE SAUCE FROM A JAR. I know. Listen, if I have the time
I make my own. In a pinch I'll use prepared sauce, it's come a long way. Even Ragu, which is among the cheapest. You can always jazz it up.


Preparation:


071 (2)


Meatballs:

Combine equal amounts ground pork with ground beef (total 1-2 lbs?).
Add about a 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1 egg, desired amounts of fennel,
parsely, salt, pepper, oregano, and 1 cup finely grated parmesano reggiano
Mix ingredients, form 2-3 inch balls. I like them big for this recipe
Bake @ 375 for 20 to 30 minutes.

Add meatballs to marina and let simmer on low for half hour.
Boil pasta. you know the rest. pasta cooked al dente.
I served rosemary fococcia with the pasta. Was store bought but good.

091


0 comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs