Saturday, January 24, 2009

Airport Musings....

I went blog surfing recently and found a blog called, Tasty Days that feeds my insatiable hunger for New York. I'm sure there are more out there, I just haven't gotten to them yet.
In any case, made me miss a city I've only visited once this life time, but one I'm sure I've lived life times before. So I thought I'd bring these posts over here and revisit my visit.




(Sept 2007 this blog has been prerecorded)



Let me start with a few images I shot while waiting to board my flight from mpls to detroit...



I have

2347365766985473652 pictures to pour thru and edit.Now WHO do they remind you of in about 30 years? I know who I think they remind me of. See...it's always that way. I bring you all with me when I travel. It can't be helped.

Anyway after sneaking a few shots, giggled to myself watching them, watching them read while the other slept. I went over and introduced myself and asked for a few more, nothing posed just permission to shoot them as they were. Turns out they were on their way to a sisters funeral. This seemed to be a welcome distraction for them, amusing even.



This is what I do at airports, and if you are talking to me please don't be offended if I am not watching you speak, if I seem distracted, if suddenly I grab the camera and turn to photograph something I am seeing out of the corner of my eye. It's not personal. I'll apologize now so I don't have to say I'm sorry each time I seem to leave in my head. This is what it is like for me. I am constantly clicking the camera in my head. You'll know that if you want my undivided attention I do really well in a dark closet. hahahaha.



i crack me up. <
















another sighting. in the corner. a family. i love the interactions of loving people.













his hand on the babies back...and touching her at the same time.







I love airports







2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Kate..I love airports too!

I had a boyfriend..my first real one...and there was a resto at the airport..we would go for just one drink..then sit in the airport for a bit and watch the planes and the people..I mean maybe 3 times:)

Now I travel rarely..but the times I have been to the airports..for myself or for departures or arrivals of others.
I love it.
I meet and greet some people too.
So many nice people in this world!

You have great candid shots here.
People are just so very interesting to me.
These photos make me think "what are your subjects thinking about?"..

Kathleen Bade said...

You've been wandering about this tree!


Monique, I'd be all over a date like that.
If I lived near a "real" airport, I have
a feeling I'd be there a lot. Just to watch.
Me, myself and my camera.

: )

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs