Friday, February 27, 2009

Cupkakes ala Kate







_MG_7522a


What is it about cupcakes? I dunno.
Maybe they're like crayons, they take us back to simpler times.
I have so rarely eaten them in my adulthood.
There was always something special about getting
cupcakes for a birthday, or a special occasion, something
that a big ol cake just didn't do. Maybe it was their size.
Good things in small packages...n wot not.

_MG_7463a

Now I know there's lotsa folks out there
in the adult world eating cupcakes.
I know because I've drooled over your cupcake pictures.
Admired the fact that you baked them from scratch.
Envied your cupcake artistry when it comes to decorating.

I don't have a cupcake recipe for you.
In fact I only made these for the frosting.
And well, Hannah only ate the frosting.
The cake was good don't get me wrong
even tho they maybe a little unevenly shaped.
I like things a little imperfect.

Yes I used a box mix.
Hey...HEY.....HEY....nothing wrong with Betty Crocker.
The chocolate Devil's Food cake is killer.
[ ha at my unintended pun ]

_MG_7487a

So for these cupcakes follow the directions on the box.
As for the frosting...
C'mere.



Kate's Cream Cheese Frosting

_MG_7522 (2)

Ingredients:

1 package cream cheese
1 stick softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
[ okay maybe...no definitely more ]


Whip cream cheese and butter together.
Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time.

I know that was hard.
Take a break you deserve one.







And I do decorate.

_MG_7540b


With sprinkles. : )






15 comments:

YahYah said...

lol I love the cupcakes, but the best part about this posting (for me) is the "a la Kate" part. It made me giggle. I like simple-funny. Anything slightly complicated and I wind up being the last to laugh (in quite an obvious way! ahaha =: > )

Kathleen Bade said...

i've learned to embrace my slow response time.

and then i giggle at me on top of what was funny that took me a day to figure out. by that time no one's around to hear me. which is a plus I think.

Becca said...

Uneven or not, they eat the same! Also, I add a smidge of grated ginger to my cream cheese frosting. Gives a little something extra.

Kathleen Bade said...

Not a big ginger fan.

Unless its pickled and served with sushi!


They surely do eat the same Becca. They surely do.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!!!!

La Table De Nana said...

Nothing wrong with a box..My Coco Chanels came out of a box:) And I know that icing is finger lickin' good:)

The sprinkles photo IS childhood.LOve it.

vanillasugarblog said...

ohhhhh yeah!

Kathleen Bade said...

Jennifer! Thank you! I went to your page, I saw that big mixer......you're a real baker aren't you!? lol

Monique.....right on. RIGHT ON!!! ha~! @ your coco chanels coming out of a box. that made me chuckle.

Dawn! Good morning! Breakfast cupcakes? lol.

test it comm said...

Those cupcakes look great!

a quiet life said...

oh how i love your pics, but i would love a bite even more... its the chocolate calling me! and the frosting, who am i kidding!

my husband loves cupcakes, i accomadate him often~

The Wabbit said...

I made cream cheese frosting for my sugar cookies the other day... great minds...

But, can I admit that I'm slightly more partial to a wonderful muffin?

Kathleen Bade said...

WABBIT! WABBIT! Great minds indeed.
you know show me the muffin that out does
a cupcake and I'll get the butter.

Blue Moon........
I got lots, my boy didn't like the
frosting. You're a smart wife,
I hope he accommadates you well and often.

that didn't come out right. ha.

Kathleen Bade said...

Kevin! Nice to see you, even better to feed you~

: )

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't like cupcakes? Seriously. It's like showing someone a kitten. Walk around with a kitten and you will never be short of friends. Same thing with cupcakes.

I like you so much, Kathleen. I will ignore the fact that you don't like ginger. I will look the other way. (And make sure that nothing I make for you in the future contains any...) :)

alice said...

i think everyone must be on a cupcake baking spree. glad our culinary adventures have sort of crossed paths! =)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs