Friday, February 13, 2009

Cheesecake,Strawberries, and Whip Cream

Sounds like a hot date doesn't it?
What it is...is a really good dessert.
And I almost never make desserts.
Hannah sure liked it.
That's all that matters.



The Cheesecake
New York Style
_MG_7236 (2)


Ingredients:


1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla


Preparation:

_MG_7198 (2)

(Preheat oven to 350)

In a large mixing bowl,
beat sugar and cream cheese on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
Blend in cream. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
Mix in sour cream , flour and vanilla until smooth.

_MG_7204 (2)

(yes crazy fool that I am, I used a bundt cake pan and no crust)

Bake for one hour in preheated oven.
Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven for about 5 hours.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.


The Strawberries

_MG_7218a

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
1 package of strawberries
(slice in half)
1/2 cup of sugar, no maybe a whole
(this is me remember, I don't measure)


Preparation:

Melt the butter in a saute pan.
Add the strawberries and sugar.

_MG_7253 (2)

Simmer on low until sugar is melted
the strawberries have softened,
the liquid should be more like a syrup.

_MG_7256 (2)


Let cool a bit.
Take a glass put a strawberry at the bottom.
The next layer is cool whip.
Chunk out your cheese cake and place that on top of the cool whip.
Ladle the strawberry mixture and layer that on top of the cheesecake.
Top with cool whip.
Let Chill in the freezer for a few.



_MG_7284a

~Yeh, we're happy girls tonight~





: )







.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd tell you that I adore cheesecake, but come on. Who doesn't? I have a couple of recipes for cheesecake ice cream kicking around. I must try them some day. (I just want to lick the beaters of the mixer in the 2nd picture.)

Kathleen Bade said...

This recipe was so easy.
I was suspect at first, I have to tell you,
it tasted damn good.


doesn't licking the beater make you feel like a kid again?

: )

La Table De Nana said...

Looking at your beaters is a thing of beauty..
And the margarita glass presentation is so pretty too.Brave is right cheesecake in a bundt!No crust!It sure works perfectly for this..The strawberries nust be deelicious ~I just Love your photos.
Happy Valentine's day to you!
So glad I found your blog.I look forward to it every day.

Kathleen Bade said...

I know the beaters steal the cake. bahaha pun there. Seriously, I knew the shot before I took it.

When I was a kid I loved licking the beaters, I still do.

LOL its probably more of a hot mess presentation but who care right as long as it tastes good. Honestly it was an oh good I can slam it in here without much fuss.

I've been watching the desserts on t.p and f.g.
my god there are some beautiful ones out there.


As for the cheesecake in the bundt, I'm the lazy cook I've said it before, didn't have a decent pan, not for cheesecake and I figured why not.
It does brown the part your flipping up tho, so some sort of sour cream glaze would probably be good.

I feel the same about yours, and you are one of the few who has really made me feel welcome on Blogspot, i can't thank you enough.

Happy Valentines day to you too.


xo

a quiet life said...

you made me salivate... its not hard, but you did it early in the day~ gorgeous pics!

Kathleen Bade said...

Blue Moon..

I'm all about salivation.

Cept when it's a st. bernard.

Glad you enjoyed!


Happy Valentines Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Pure, cheese, decadent and unadulterated cheesecake!!! Simple yet so stunning!!!

Kathleen Bade said...

Nina.........

Let's just grab spoons and eat. Yes? YES!!!!

test it comm said...

That cheesecake looks god! I like how you served it in the glass.

Anonymous said...

oh yum! this looks sooo good!! def going to make this soon! love the presentation too!

Kathleen Bade said...

Kevin and Natalie, it was that or a coffee cup. Where did all my glasses go? I ended up hitting "tarjay" this week and buying glasses after that recipe.

any improvements you can make on this feel free.

I always argue I'm an average cook. I am, I just cook so I can photograph food. ha.

Anonymous said...

Wow these are some delicious desserts and awesome photos by the way. I think everyone here will enjoy this gourmet one http://www.cheesecake-recipes.org/others/decadence-savory-avocado.php I never had avocado cheesecake before but it was delicious

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Kate Swenson

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs