Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What Happened When THIS Chicken Crossed the Road?


I cooked it.



_MG_7362a
pssstt.... don't laugh at my burnt tips, I know I should have cut them off.
but they looked so cute hugging the lemon. these chickens look like thayz belly rubbing.








Gordon Ramsay's Sticky Lemon Chicken

* 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces I used two halves.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 head of garlic, sliced in half horizontally
* 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
* 1 lemon sliced thickly, plus juice from another half of lemon
* "Little cup of water" or "about a ladle of water". Start small and add more if needed.
* Bunch of fresh thyme, minced with scissors
* 2 tablespoons honey
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley


_MG_7355a



Preparation:

Salt and pepper the chicken, add the chicken halves, and brown thoroughly on both sides.

When the chicken is a nice golden-brown, add the soy sauce and the vinegar.
Top with the lemon slices and squeeze the juice from half of that other lemon over everything.

At which point I put the chicken in the oven and basted with the rest of the sauce.
_MG_7369a

Add water and, over medium-low heat, simmer, until most of the water has cooked away,
baste the chicken as it cooks with this sauce.


Season with the fresh thyme and drizzle with honey.
Add a good grind of pepper and cook for another five minutes or so.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley, I used thyme.
_MG_7375a
Serves 4












: )

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks really, really good. I love Gordon Ramsay- bad temper and all. I can see this being absolutely perfect with some scallion-mashed potatoes.

Kathleen Bade said...

dayum. you're so right about that!
scallion mashed potatoes.

La Table De Nana said...

I love a little sweet w/ my meat..and we used to fight for the charred bits..pale chicken skin scared us!

This looks yummy!Warm glow:)

Charis said...

it looks delicious!

Becca said...

love the title ;)

Rachelle S said...

Looks delish! I've got an herbed rubbed chicken roasting as I type.

Kathleen Bade said...

Hey There!


you know what I like?

I like that the two chickens look like they're
sleeping together, kinda happy in the pan.
My wannabe vegan brain be kind to animals is going .............ugh.

that didn't come out right! ha.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Kathleen~ I just wanted to stop by and personally introduce myself. We became Darling Bakers at the same time. I've been experiencing computer problems that have put me a bit behind on my posts. I'm looking forward to catching up with the *Spring Fling*.
I took a stroll through your previous post. I don't know whats more delicious your food or scenic photos!! It's all breathtaking!
Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Cathy said...

Hi Kathleen - Oh my, your roasted chicken looks divine. There are so many great flavors in the sauce. This is my favorite kind of dinner. Can't wait to try it.

PheMom said...

Holy yum! Burnt tips or not that looks super tasty!

a quiet life said...

your pics drive me wild... and so does gordon!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs