Monday, March 16, 2009

A Little Taste of Spain...

Spain March 2009 070a
view from the train











It's crazy trying to get back into the groove of things,
I've used to fit blogging in when????
I used to write when???
HA!


Spain March 2009 029
Lisa and Lauren getting ready

I have a few minutes while the house is quiet and am
going to post a few pictures to tide you over until I
can do a proper posting.

Spain March 2009 050a

We started off at this little bar in Bunole while we waited for the train.
Most of the pictures are self explanatory I've got limited time
so I'm going to post as many as I can before we have to head to Duluth.

Spain March 2009 041aa

Spain March 2009 045a

Spain March 2009 043a

Spain March 2009 047a



We took the train into Valencia to see the fireworks.
Spain March 2009 051a

"BAHLENTHIA"...
is how its pronounced and is my FAVORITE word of the year.
I'll be using it any and every chance I get.

Spain March 2009 057a

I'm also stuck on this new little formula I came up
with in PSP, seems each trip I take takes on its own feel
when I start playing with images.....this one definitely did.


Let me give you a feel for the city before I get into the fireworks
which we were there to see.

Spain March 2009 091aa

Spain March 2009 110a


Spain March 2009 099a

Spain March 2009 104a

Spain March 2009 079a

Spain March 2009 215a

Spain March 2009 311a

Spain March 2009 100d




And the fireworks.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh the fireworks!
I've never seen fireworks during the day, I'll post more of those later.
You've never felt fireworks like these, thousands upon thousands
gather in the center of the city for these.

Spain March 2009 182a

They last only ten minutes but for ten minutes you can feel the earth move
under your feet, literally. It shakes you to the bone, that's how loud they are.

Spain March 2009 283a

Lisa could tell you better about the young women and girls who get dressed
up for this event. They parade the streets, here they were on a balcony above
the crowds watching the fireworks and waving to the crowds.

Spain March 2009 322a
Beautiful aren't they?




Spain March 2009 223aSpain March 2009 328a
Lauren's posturing the same as one of the girls in the balcony at the same time...
I loved.





They are so passionate about everything.
I loved that too.

Spain March 2009 308a


Spain March 2009 264aa



After the fireworks we wandered around "Bahlenthia", found an outdoor cafe,
and Seth this one is for you...PAELLA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!~!

Spain March 2009 360a

Spain March 2009 365a

I'll introduce you with pictures to my wonderful friends and hosts, Wayne, Lisa and their daughter Lauren in the next post. I've think I've given you enough to devour for now~

I'm still playing catch up so hang in there with me, I'll be making rounds soon!
Thank you again for all the welcome homes, it certainly is good to be back~


One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways~!

12 comments:

Rachelle S said...

How neat!

La Table De Nana said...

I'm so happy I looked here also.(They are larger here:) )
Your cristal clear images are truly prize winning.So much feeling in them.
I bet you even love them..That's saying a lot:)

Kathleen Bade said...

Thnx Rachelle.


Means a lot coming from you Monique, you have a special eye and incredible adobe skills.


I do love them.

xo

alice said...

we went to barthelona a few years ago, never been to balenthia! i think the one picture of the two old ladies is my favorite! can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE your photos... they're all so vivid and full of life. I especially love the one with the man pouring the beer. It's like everyday life captured extraordinarily. You have to teach me how to take photos! What camera do you use?

Kathleen Bade said...

Alice they say Valencia is the new Barcelona, in that Barcelona has become so touristy and Valencia is still old city.

BAHLENTHIAAAAAAA! HA.


Cynthia thank you.....the man. I love dhim.
I'm using a Canon D5, and the L series canon lenses.

As for picture taking, know your light, fill the frame, and simplify the subject......

best advice I can give.

: )

The Wabbit said...

Did you use some kind of filter on many of these before you posted or are they all raw?

Kathleen Bade said...

i edited most of them.......

The Wabbit said...

I thought so, no less beautiful though!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. I just back from Utah and will be posting photos from the trip- don't make fun of my sad attempt at photography!

Kathleen Bade said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I so want to see Utah.....you took pictures??? YAY!

Joshy and I are talking about heading out west soon, I forgot what state you live in...crap.

Kathleen Bade said...

southern cal that's right.........ha i peeked.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs