Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tuna Noodle Casserole.......Maverick Style!

Friends did come a calling this week! And this is what they crave.
Only way I know how to thank them is to feed them.
They've been friends for years and when the going gets tough, they rally round IMMEDIATELY....I try to do the same.
Course more often than not we're laughin our way thru life.
These guys don't miss a beat, that's all I gotta say.
Thank you for being the kind of friends you are...great ones.

365 (2)
Joshy, Catie, George


Okay okay maybe its not such a rebellious or innovative version of this casserole,
but surely its brave given how I've upped the ante on caloric intake.
Yes indeedy I have. Hold onto your cellulite and get out your spanks,
you'll need them after eating this.

Once Upon a Plate
and I are were having the same meal the same night,
unplanned, ha go figure. I'm just a little slow to post. Cheers to great minds.






108a




Ingredients:

2 bags of extra wide egg noodles
One family size can Cream of Mushroom Soup
One family size can Cream of Chicken Soup
One pint heavy whipping cream
One pint sour cream
Some milk
3 cans of tuna [drained]
3 cans of mushrooms [drained]
Paprika
Kraft Parmesan Cheese (don't cringe, this is old school tuna casserole)
You can add the real stuff when you plate up.
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Butter


I swear its the only dish I use canned soups... I PROMISE!



055a

Preparation:

Open all cans.
Boil noodles, drain and rinse.
Set aside.

In the HUGE baking dish you are going to use,
mix all soup, sour cream, some milk, not much,
heavy cream as needed. (you probably won't use it all, or maybe you will, I did)
Add tuna, and mushrooms.
I know I said two bags of noodles, add as much as you can.
I end up using 3/4 of what I boiled, and save the rest for soup.

Top the casserole off with paprika, cheese, salt pepper, and parsley.
Take a stick of butter and cut, scrape or however you want to break it into pieces
And evenly distribute them over the top.


Bake at 375 for what maybe 45 minutes? Until it starts to bubble.
If you don't have a nice crusty top....flip the broiler on for a few.


115a





A few more pics of my peeps...why not~!
Ha yes this photographer takes "snapshots"...


357 (2)


205a


One Month to go....and these two will be married.

Again.
370a

I like happy beginnings~



Have a wonderful weekend~~~ Hannah and I are headed up town, I gotta feeling
there's going to be a lil bowling happenin today. Right on.


One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways~

10 comments:

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Cheers to GREAT FRIENDS! ((hugs)) Very nice post Kathleen.

I still cannot believe we both chose to make Tuna Noodle Casserole on the SAME night, unbeknownst to each other. What kind of crazy is THAT?! :)

Hey, I don't knock using canned soups here and there in my cooking, that's what my mom always used in her TNC and sometimes I still do, too. It's authentic!

La Table De Nana said...

Me too canned soup for this!

And a Shrimp Rice Casserole..Paula Dean:)

What a neat post..the pics are just terrific!
If you can count your true friends on one hand you are rich!
I think I am up to 2 hands plus with you!
Very wealthy indeed!

Wilde Poet said...

Unfortunately I was unable to sample any of this recipe, but it looks very tasty. How could anything with much butter and cream be bad huh?

The evening was fun and certainly an adventure, as most of our gatherings tend to be.

Anonymous said...

I've never had tuna casserole before. I had never even heard of it until I moved to the States. It frightens me, but I'll try anything once. And it looks delicious!

Kathleen Bade said...

Mari right on...thanks where thanks is due yanno.
simple like that.

Monique, you know I haven't tried very many of Paula's recipes. I should.
That's what my mamma said too, she wasn't wrong.

ha Joshy........cos you were eating..I mean drinking ouzo. goof.

A.B.....seriously? NO?....like Joshy said how could anything with cream and butter be bad!

a quiet life said...

what a great post, loved the candid fun in the kitchen.

you certainly made it gourmet with garnish!

yep you upped the caloric intake all right, but i am sure it was a loving spoonful all the way down~

Unknown said...

This looks great! I've never made tuna noodle casserole, and am always nervous that it will come out tasting too fishy. Do you use a certain kind of tuna (italian albacore?) or just run-of-the-mill Chicken of the Sea/Bumble Bee tuna in the can?

Kathleen Bade said...

Ha I had garnish???? oh wait chopped parsley......
I'm laughing........yeh I spent hours on that. hahahahaha

aw man loving spoonful. I dig that.


Molly! You're the second person who's never
eaten Tuna Noodle Casserole?

I used regular old tuna in the can with water.
And yanno.....you can use less tuna, see how you
like it before adding more. : )

Anonymous said...

Good friends are a rare find.....! As for this tuna casserole......hell's bells.....carb bomb!!!! It sounds worth dying for though!!!!

Kathleen Bade said...

They sure are a rare find!.


ha...carb bomb. yeh, this is a once every few months kinda casserole. : )

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs