Sunday, March 22, 2009

Honey Glazed Salmon






068a



Ingredients:

3-4 salmon filets
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup brown sugar
Lemon Zest


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425

Ha so like I'm totally joking about the amounts here.
Seriously, I never measure. Feel free to make adjustments.

Heat butter, honey and brown sugar until it melts.
Add lemon zest to taste.
Brush the salmon with the glaze.
(I line my tray with foil, makes for quick clean up)

Put in oven on top rack.
Yeh you wanna go back and brush
a little more glaze on half way thru.

Bake it for 7 to ten minutes.
I prefer mine a little undercooked.






How's that for simple and easy?
067a

I'll post the recipe for the risotto real soon...


: )







12 comments:

a quiet life said...

gorgeous pics... you had me twisting my head over the recipe, i was thinkng how many pounds is she cooking! i think i need this in the next few days~

Kathleen Bade said...

HI!!!! Gee you're quick...

You know I think I had three or four filets like the one in the photograph...

to tell you the truth we did em half and half, some glazed some not.


hugs you!

mpaigew said...

Mmmmmmmmmm...that salmon looks soooooo good!

La Table De Nana said...

One of my favorite ways~

Don't you just LOVE risottotoo:)

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Kathleen, Those are some of the most mouthwatering photos of salmon and risotto I've ever seen. This is going to be on the menu, soon! I'll be thinking about it until then. :)

Unknown said...

I love salmon. Adore it. Even when I was a kid and thought I didn't like fish (blame mom and the fish sticks), I always loved salmon. Usually I just pan roast it at a really high temperature with salt and pepper, but this sounds great and I will try it the next time we have salmon. I bet it would be awesome with some added mustard.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

This Salmon dish looks so incredible - I am so looking forward to trying this!!

Kathleen Bade said...

Hayley! I don't remember having salmon as a kid.
Crazy huh? I like to pan roast it also, probably my favorite way to cook it, or a quick broil, i like it close to raw in the middle, yep yep yep on the salt and pepper.


Ha Cathy I hope it turns out, i so fudged on the measurements because I never measure. : )

Anonymous said...

I just cooked this up for myself and it was excellent and easy. Thanks so much.

P.S. measuring is over rated...

Kathleen Bade said...

Nancy! Hi!

I am so thrilled someone actually cooked one of
my recipes. totally jazzed even.

thank you for that!

you made my day.

Unknown said...

That sounds super easy and looks delish!I am going to make this one tonight! :)

Belinda said...

I'm going to make this right now. Thank you!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs