Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Laptops...

IMG_8436b


Remember the last post...


when I said "if my laptop died"
yeh. about that.


it died.
the next day.
the ac adapter,
probably a short in the wire,
fried my motherboard and hard drive.

Five guys review needed to be re edited.
FJ didn't like my artistic license on that one.
I'm not sure I did either.
It will now need to be rephotographed,
which means it will need to be re-eaten.
oh darn.

Within an hour i headed to Best Buy in Duluth.
Picked up a new laptop.
Props to Eric the best buy phone guy.
Really helpful.

My poor hard drive is being sent to a special
recovery lab since it won't spin.
Which means they take it apart and try
to find the pieces which I need, say like.............
the photo and video files.

This is not the first time I've been
handed this lesson on a plate.
Make hard copies of your photos.
I think that's all I need to say about that.
Fortunately I had moved the bulk
of them over to an external drive.
Fortunately I only lost a couple of months worth,
and it wasn't much given the time of year.
Fortunately I still had thousands on memory cards.
Fortunately I was able to get a laptop.
Fortunately I'll be able to keep this one, and
give the replaced laptop to my father.


if he doesn't go pay a ridiculous price to get his fixed.


So really there was something very good that came out of this.
There usually is something very good to come out of something not so great....











One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways.

2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Did I tell you that I am glad you are back?:)

I like reading everything you write and photo:)

Kathleen Bade said...

I'm smiling on the inside...


and the outside.

Love.

xo

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs