I come across lists like this one every now and again.
I like them. I don't always agree with everything on the list,
but I like the intention, they're gentle nudgings.
They do that, they remind us of things I believe we already know,
they bring things back into perspective.
This I believe was written by Cherie Carter-Scott
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation.
The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned.
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it.
When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons.
If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here",
you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you.
You cannot love or hate something about another person
unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
[I'm not sure I agree totally with this one]
[You can hate something in someone else without it reflecting something you hate about yourself].
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need.
What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you.
All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
[unless your mentally unbalanced, then you might need medication first]
10. You will forget all this. [some of us won't]
One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways.