Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep ...







145_3006a

I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave bereft
I am not there. I have not left.
           ~Mary Elizabeth Frye













One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways.

9 comments:

snippets of thyme said...

So beautiful. My husband does not want to be buried and I'm sure if he could express himself as to why, this poem would explain.

Debra said...

How calming… reassuring … how beautiful!
And the photo is a lovely compliment to the poem.

La Table De Nana said...

I hope everything is ok?

I have always enjoyed these words when I have heard them.

Kathleen Bade said...

I can relate to that Snippets. I surely can.

It's funny how the right image and the right words make a powerful statement together.


Nana,

Miraculously so~!

Donna said...

I had to put our family dog of 15 years down this morning. The most painful experience I have had in my adult life. They asked me if I wanted his body to bury and to me Pepe is all around. His body in my backyard would not mean much to me. Thank you for sharing this. Today I needed it.

Kathleen Bade said...

Donna words cannot express my sympathy, my empathy for your loss.

I don't know much but ...
He is all around you. That I do know.

May you find peace and healing~

Kathleen

astranavigo said...

One of my favorite poems, and something which explains closely what I believe, personally.

Energy cannot be destroyed; only converted - to that end, everyone we've ever known are all around us, now.

(Sort of makes the whole religion-thing pale in comparison....)

Kathleen Bade said...

stands behind you and whispers ...

sorta does huh.

: )

Romina Garcia said...

Beautiful :-)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs