Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shawn's Brisket ...







IMG_3618a





Can't say as I've cooked brisket. ever.
But I know who to call
when I need some culinary advice,
one of those people is Shawn.

Here is his recipe,
as cooked by me.



Shawn's Brisket


IMG_3633a



Ingredients:

Salt and pepper
Light brown sugar
Your favorite rub.
Brisket



Preparation:

Salt and pepper the brisket

Mix the brown sugar with your favorite rub.
The amount I used was dependent upon the size
of my brisket. It was a small one.

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup rub
Mix together

While the oven preheats to 375,
apply the mixture to your meat
covering it well.

Lay the meat on a rack
so the heat can circulate evenly around it.

(with a foil lined tray below it of course)


I like my meat rare.
That would be an internal temp of 120.
And I'm a fan of those digital thermometers
that you can put into the meat and the gadget
sits outside the oven.

If you like your meat well done, let it sear up,
then turn the temp down and cook it low and slow.


IMG_3622a




Was delicious Shawn!















One Love. One Peace. Always and all ways. 

3 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE brisket.

My two favorite ways eat it are bbq (brisket burnt ends make me very happy) as well as in a New England boil(instead of corned beef.) Tasty!

I am gonna have to try Shawns recipe for sure. Looks very good :)

La Table De Nana said...

You take such amazing pics..Sure wish I could have a bite of this soon.It looks so flavorful.
Happy Thanksgiving to you~

Kathleen Bade said...

Curious to see what you do with it Becca.


Oh Nana, don't you know I wish I were half the photographer you are?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs