Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken Cacciatore On The Fly For Two







_MG_3602a

Ingredients:

3 small tomatoes
4 chicken thighs
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
1-2 cups white wine
1 cup chicken broth
olive oil
calamata olives
fresh rosemary
fresh thyme
parsley
salt
pepper


cacciatore fixed

Preparation:

Here I go... not measuring again.
Came home the other day was starving.
So whatever measurements I give you are guesses at best
and if I don't give you measurements,
I'm counting on you all having enough common sense
to know how much salt is too much.

Using a mortar and pestle grind fresh thyme, rosemary,
couple cloves of garlic and kosher salt into a paste.

_MG_3579a

_MG_3589a

Rub the chicken thighs with the herb paste.
Make sure to get it under the skin.
Let chicken marinate for an hour....overnight wouldn't hurt.

Heat large saute pan, add olive oil
On medium heat sear the chicken thighs on both sides.
Drain the fat.
Add 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
One small onion finely chopped.
Saute until fragrant.

Deglaze with a couple cups of white wine.
Add a cup of chicken broth.
This will somewhat poach the chicken the rest of the way through.
Add parsely, and more rosemary n thyme.
Add olives.
Add quartered tomatoes.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Let simmer until liquid reduces.

Serve over noodles.




_MG_3607a












8 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I have missed your photos so much!

It hits you even more when you see them again after a pause!! Like absence and the heart growing fonder!
They are always perfect..but when they go missing and return..they pack a wonderful wollup:)

Your profile pic is So pretty too!

Unknown said...

Be still my beating heart! That looks soooooooo good. So glad you're back... xxx

La Table De Nana said...

FG thought so too:)

Kathleen Bade said...

Nana.........do you know I look to you
for photos. Do you know how incredible
I think yours are? Do you know I hope
someday to shoot as well as you?


My sweet Hayley.......slowly but surely I am.
Our immediate lives some times pull hard on our sleeves.....of late mine is.

Its nice to be missed, especially by the two of you.

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Me, too, Kathleen! I'm glad you're back ~ I need my "Kathleen Photo-Fix" every day. :)

Every aspect, from beginning to end, of your Chicken Cacciatore is sublime. I cook like you do ~ common sense and not so much measuring. It's THE way, if you ask me. *grin*
xo~m.

Hillary said...

You should submit this recipe to the Heavenly Herb Recipe Contest!

Hillary
Chew on That

alice said...

Oooh that picture in the pan is scrumpdiddlyumptious!

La Table De Nana said...

Jain reposted and I am hungry for it again!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs